Reasons to Get Involved
- Your child benefits. When parents get connected to the school, children do better. Research shows children whose parents are involved get better grades, do better on tests, and have fewer discipline problems at school.
- We make a difference. Our mission is to create the kind of school community where teachers and administrators can do their best work—and so can our children. We provide support for teachers in and out of the classroom. We provide resources they need. We help create learning opportunities for children. And we try to build the kind of supportive, caring atmosphere that makes school fun.
- We pledge to honor your time constraints. People are often reluctant to participate because they’re afraid they’ll get pulled into a black hole of never-ending time commitments. That won’t happen here. An hour or two a semester really makes a difference. And we won’t push you to commit more than you want to or are able to.
- We have fun. We accomplish a lot, and not everything we do is easy. But we don’t take ourselves too seriously, and we try to enjoy ourselves along the way whenever possible.
- Meet nice people who share your concerns. We all have a common bond. We care about creating the best possible educational experience for our children. We are neighbors and peers who share many of the same experiences. And many friendships have developed as a result of those connections.
- There’s a lot to be done. These days, schools are asked to do more with less. Our help is needed more than ever to fill the gaps.
- We can match jobs to your interests and abilities. The work we do covers a broad spectrum:working on classroom handouts, planning and executing events, writing and editing, working directly with children, managing a budget and cash flow, and lots more. We encourage creative ideas, and we’re thrilled to have people take on tasks that meet their skills and interests.
- We’re welcoming. To us, there are no “outsiders.” We are people who have come together to work toward common goals. We couldn’t be happier to have you join us in working toward those goals.
- We’re about parent involvement. In these times of tight budgets, parent groups everywhere have to fill in the gaps, and so are we. But our number one goal is to get more parents connected to the school.
- This work is very rewarding. It’s seeing the bright light of learning sparkle in a child’s eye. It’s seeing the smile that shows we’re making school a little more fun—and a child feel a little more comfortable in a learning environment. It’s learning that test scores have risen and knowing we played a role. There are lots of rewards, both big and small, for those who get involved. Won’t you join us?
Advertising helps supplement this free website by DigitalPTO.com | Disable Ads Here